ZION & ST. PETER
1900 Drawing 1913 Bell Tower and Interior Renovations
On November 13, 1888 the congregation was officially organized and the church was known as
the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Unaltered Augsburg Confession of the Missouri Synod. The
church was dedicated to the glory of God on the first Sunday of December 1888, and to make
that day even more special, the first baptism took place.
The Rev. H.J. Fuhrman, of St. Martin at Clintonville served as the first pastor until 1902.
Visit the link above to learn about the history of Zion Lutheran Church from 1888-2013. The booklet was created to commemorate Zion's 125th Anniversary, "Zion's Life In Christ ... Blessed to Move Forward With a Future.
The congregation was officially organized in 1878. Please check back as we add more about our history to this page.